Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Took The Bike For a Walk



It's a great day for a bike ride. My bike didn't haven't any air in the tires so I walked it to the corner to the gas station. Unfortunately, about 2 mins after blowing up the front tire, it was flat again. No big deal. I was looking forward to biking, but it turned out to be a nice 2 mile walk with the bike.

It shows how important it is to know what can go wrong during a race. I've read 100 different places that you need to know how to handle your everyday bike related malfunctions. I don't even know how to replace a bike tire on the fly. I'm going to look it up on youtube. If this happened during the race, I would be screwed.

Over all, it was a very nice morning.

2 comments:

  1. ah, yes....the inevitable bike malfunction...yah know, i think they make kids bikes way better than adult bikes...i never had any of these kinds of problems when i was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joey, just checking in. You haven't posted in a while and I was wondering how your training is going.

    ReplyDelete