Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pumped and Ready To Go



I'm feeling really good about my run today. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and bought some Under Armor cause it's still pretty cold here.

I got black bottoms, a white top, and a black hat . . . other than the fact that I look like a double stuffed oreo cookie, I'm pretty excited.

I covered up with some looser fitting close and I ran 2 miles, which is a good start. Right around the 1 mile mark, I started to feel really good. Like I was in the swing of things. Check out the link

http://www.buddyrunner.com/joe.zanghi50

Workout:
2 mile Run
27 min and 30 Sec
14 min miles (weak!!!)

Here's the thing. Everyone who enjoys running has to enjoy that moment when they are completely out of steam and they are just running on will power alone. I imagine that's why people run for distance. For a well trained triathlete, that moment of exhaustion comes after running a much greater distance than I run. For me, that point comes around mile 2 or 3. It takes a great triathlete 20 miles to get to that point, and it take me 2 miles to get there, but when we get there we are the same. We are facing the same challenges and we must muster up the same amount of willpower to continue to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Even if we fast forward 3 years and I'm running 10-20 miles at a time, I'm still going to get to that moment of fight or flight and the battle is still going to be the same. So, I can never really be discouraged with only running 2-3 miles at a time, but I'm slowly learning to live in that moment and enjoy that I can win these small battles and push my body to that limit.

The reward is the same....total satisfaction

4 comments:

  1. Great lookin Gear! way to get out there - D

    ReplyDelete
  2. great point!!! no matter where we are physically, if we are pushing ourselves to the limit, we are in the same place and have the same successes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. .......and i like that pretty pink bathroom ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello mate,

    Just stumbled across the blog and I love it, I am training to do my first triathlon too as im sick of being fat.

    I have just read something you put and wanted to say thank you as I never looked at it that way but will now 'I can never really be discouraged with only running 2-3 miles at a time', you know what i was but not anymore.

    I will follow you on here now and best of luck my friend you can and will do it (you might have already but I havent read all the blog posts yet haha)

    Im on here to if you want to follow, would be great

    Brett

    http://fatmantri-outs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete